Friday, October 10, 2014

Jacksonville Quilt Fest Part 2

Ok, so moving on to the rest of the Jacksonville Quilt Fest that was held a couple of weeks ago.  As I mentioned in my last post, the quilts I am showing are just some of what was of interest to me in one way or another, in no particular order.
Civil War Bride Quilt by Rose Luehrsen, The Villages, Florida; quilted by Linda Spence
Hourglass on Point by Carole Jackson, Jacksonville Beach, Florida; quilted by Cathy Peters (detail below)

Little Bowties by Linda Simons, Roswell, Georgia; quilted by Shawn Hooten (detail below)

Brilliant Beauties of Joyette by Elaine Stemetzki of St. John's Florida; pattern by Jacqueline De Jonge. (This is a miniature quilt, she had also made one in a larger size just like it).
Wanda's Garden by Wanda Hizer of Marietta, Georgia; quilted by Michelle Wyman; pattern by Lisa Debee Schiller (details below)


Sweet Georgia Brown by Wanda Hizer of Marietta, Georgia; pattern by Terry Clothier Thompson (details below)


Love Eternal by Jill Allen of McIntosh, Florida; design by her daughter, Rachel Kolar (details below)




Tied to the Past (made from neckties) by Linda Johnson of Orlando, Florida; quilted by Cathie Mozetta (detail below) 
And finally. . .
 Elisabeth's Garden:  A Tale of a Thousand Threads by Elisabeth Frolet of Dunwoody, Georgia.
 
I was really taken with this crazy quilt.  Her work was fabulous!  It was her original design and a tale of her favorite hobbies and activities.  Silhouettes in the border of her husband, children and herself have been painted with oil pastels.  This was one of those quilts you could just look at for hours.  It was absolutely beautiful!  I've included several close-ups, below.  Enjoy!








Hopefully some of the quilts from this show have inspired you.  I know there were several that inspired me.  Until next time. . . Happy Quilting!





7 comments:

  1. Great pix! Thanks you for taking the time to post them. I always enjoy seeing what people are doing in other places around the country! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful wow! Wanda's appliqué quilts are always amazing. I have seen a few over the years. love that crazy quilt too, amazing.
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, lovely to see more quilts from this Quilt Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I have seen some of these up close. Wanda Hizer is my Intermediate Baltimore Album class instructor and Elisabeth Frolet is my Advanced Hand Embroidery class instructor. It is an honor to know and learn from these two talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I have seen some of these up close. Wanda Hizer is my Intermediate Baltimore Album class instructor and Elisabeth Frolet is my Advanced Hand Embroidery class instructor. It is an honor to know and learn from these two talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really big thank you for all these beautiful quilts. I crazy quilt too and this golden beauty is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete